RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR STUDENTS AND PARENTS AND STUDENT CONDUCT CODE
Every student who is granted admission to the school pledges adhere to willingly all the rules and regulations to uphold & respect the principles on which the institute is founded. It is also to be understood that on breaking the pledge that student forfeits his membership of the school. It is the duty of every student to perform the tasks assigned to him/her in connection with the functioning of the school to the best of his/her ability. Some of the salient points in this regard are given below;
- All the Sikh students are required to follow the Sikh spiritual and religious way of life being taught in the school. They have to keep their hair intact and are not allowed to cut any hair from any part of their body. Any deviation from the Sikh religious principles especially the cutting of hair will lead to strict action and punishment may lead to expulsion. All non-sikh students should follow their own religion.
- Students are not permitted to have any money. In case any child is found possessing money, he would be expelled from the school.
- Leave is not a matter of right and is not sanctioned except in case of medical emergency/bereavement of close relation.
- Arrangements have been made to prevent students from leaving the school campus without permission. If however, a student absconds i.e. leaves the campus without permission, the school will not be responsible.
- No child is allowed to go on leave alone or with friends. If the parents of students desire that their wards be sent home alone then a letter or written authority should be sent to the school well in advance by the parents/guardian. Telephonic message in this regard will not be accepted.
- Whenever parents/guardians come to the school to meet their wards they must visit the school office and take prior permission. Parents are advised not to meet their children at an unauthorized place or time.
- Please refrain from giving any valuable items to the children like ornaments, watches, cameras, audio/visual equipments etc, the school will not be responsible for any loss or damage of the same and child may be rusticated for possessing any such unapproved articles.
- It is obligatory for all parents to make suggestions/complaints for which a register is maintained and grievances box is also installed near the reception Counter in the school Office.
- All correspondence of the parents regarding the welfare of the child, suggestions/complaints etc. must be addressed to the Principal giving the name, Class and Admission Number of the child.
- No verbal assurances given by the member of the staff would be binding on the school. Similarly, no verbal statements made by the parents will be accepted. Parents must write to the school on any point they wish to make.
- The school is a NO SMOKING/DRINKING ZONE Parents/Guardians are requested to refrain from SMOKING OR DRINKING LIQUOR in the campus.
- The school will not be responsible for any damages/charges/injuries/fetal or otherwise caused during the child’s stay in the school even if these take place within the school campus or while out on campus picnic/educational tours or while taking part in sports/games or any other form of activity of the school.
- The school’s management reserves the right to change, amend, add or delete any of the above mentioned rules and regulations at any time without prior notice.
- In order to inculcate sense of discipline, punctuality, high morals and righteousness, children will be motivated and counselled and if required punitive measures including monetary fine may also be imposed on children from time to time.
- The school reserves the right to expel any child at any time, including the final external examination period, indulging in any act of Misconduct/Indiscipline or for nonpayment of fees and other dues before the commencement of such examination. Any indiscipline on the part of a student may lead to his/her removal from the school. Decision of the Chairman, Guru Nanak Dev Academy in all such cases shall be final.
- The school expenses/dues will have to be paid in advance. If for any reason, the child is withdrawn before the completion of the session, fee annual dues for the entire year (Academic session) shall have to be paid and under no circumstances refund of the paid amount would be made.
- The students are not allowed to come on motorcycles/two wheelers in the Academy. They may go for Bus services of the Academy or Bicycles.
- The parents are requested to extend cooperation to maintain discipline and conducive atmosphere in the Academy. They are requested to sign on the declaration pertaining to rules and regulations to be adhered to in the Academy for their respective wards.